Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Western Conference Hottie: Dustin Boyd (Calgary Flames)


As you all are aware, we are deep into round 1 of the playoffs. So I'm sure you all as well as myself are struggling a bit, with some of these teams we haven't paid much attention to during the regular season for whatever reason (paying too much attention to your own favorite, etc.). Well, during the CAL-CHI game the other day, I ran across this fine "specimen". Playing for the Flames. [I can ALREADY see why Kena picked this one! LMAO!!]!!

IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: Drafted by the Calgary Flames in the 3rd round (98th overall) in 2004. He works hard and plays an all-around game typical of the Flames organization. It's always a sign of a good career when you can make the cut and stay with the team who drafted you. Can step up the offense when his team needs it most. Plays center or wing. His game suffers some from a slight lack of height as a smallish forward with a lot of heart. He made his NHL debut for the Flames on November 1, 2006 in a 3–2 away loss to the Detroit Red Wings (in the interest of preventing boring regurgitation, I'm refraining from commenting on my dislike/grudging respect of the Red Wings [excluding that sub-human Hossa, I HATE him.] here, oh, oops, I guess I kind of did anyway). He played two games for the Flames before being returned to Omaha (Alaska, not Nebraska). He scored his first NHL goal on January 6, 2007 on Marty Turco of the Dallas Stars. (which at the time, was QUITE an accomplishment. The Stars didn't give Turco all that money for shits a giggles. At the time, he was earning it, but not making it yet). It was the game-winning goal. On November 11, 2008, Boyd received his first First Star of the Game in scoring two goals against the Toronto Maple Leafs in a 4-3 win. He was also a member of the Canadian gold-medal-winning team in the 2006 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships.

REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF: The first thing I noticed about this guy, was his B O D Y. In a word, WOW. For those of you who haven't been watching any CAL-CHI games, I was floored, when they showed him in the locker room, getting his gear on. If you like upper body "attributes", he's the crush for you! Arms, chest and even back, I couldn't look away. I'm not even sure who/what the subject was. I was so focused on looking at him. The blond hair has nothing to do with it either [yeah, RIGHT!] - or the pretty curls - nor do the blue eyes. [hysterical laughter, I shouldn't tell such gargantuan lies, should I.] I have to quite freely admit that the 6'0" 173lbs. has EVERYTHING to do with it. [that's more like our infamous blond-loving Kena!] What a fabulously solid and ascetically pleasing specimen of Hockey Player hotness!! Don't you ladies agree?

Try as I might, I couldn't dig up any dirt on him, not a girlfriend, not family, likes or dislikes. I just was having a bad day I think... [a day without Kena finding "dirt" on a HP is a bad day for ALL OF US!! ; ) ]

No comments: