Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cap's Goalie Suffers Tragic Loss

It's been confirmed today by the Capitals organization that the two-month old son of goaltender Jose Theodore and his wife Stephanie Cloutier has died.
"We are aware of the heartbreaking news," GM George McPhee said in a statement issued by the team moments ago. "At this time we ask that everyone respects the privacy of Jose and his family."
According to the Capitals Insider blog, the baby boy was believed to have been born two months premature back in June and that a close family friend reported "he had been hospitalized with respiratory complications since birth and died last week."

5 comments:

Val said...

I am so sorry for their loss - I, too, had a preemie who was very sick for some time, and now is a big, happy football and hockey playing boy. I can't even begin to imagine the alternative without my James!

My heart and prayers go out to Jose and Stephanie...

Julia said...

even though i am not a caps fan my heart and prayers go out to both of them!

PK_37 said...

I heard about this yesterday and SportsCentre and I couldn't believe it.

My prayers go out to the family.

Unknown said...

How very tragic for the family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Kimberly said...

i am so sorry to hear that ):
i will pray for the family & them & awe ):