Friday, November 20, 2009

Where My Ladies At?!

THESE ARE OUR STORIES
(How I Became a [Female] Hockey Fan)!


I would like to say that I am not a puck bunny but a hockey fan, although I'm sure I have my moment.

I became a pens fan just before the lock out, when I was watching World Juniors and noticed Fleury. I thought he was pretty awesome so when he got drafted to the Pens I started paying attention to them more then just the Leafs.

When I was younger, a friend of my family who worked at the Toronto Star (sponsor of the Toronto Maple Leafs) would always get me a program to one of the games for free. I would memorize all the players with their numbers so that when I watched the games I could announce along with them!

It's not just the NHL that I follow, I can remember going along to my sister and brother's hockey games. I may not know any more then the basics about hockey like icing and when to clear, but I still have a basic understanding. I still go to my sister's games and my brothers ball hockey games.

A more recent memory was this year when the Pens were playing game 7 of the Stanley cup final. I had music banquet that night so I wasn't able to watch the game. Instead I had my friend send me texts throughout the night of the score etc. When she texted me that they won I honestly ran around telling everyone and jumping and screaming!

I have always recognized that the Pens have really good looking player - I'M NOT BLIND after all! But it's there personalities that keep me coming back for more.

I think I was born to be a Pens fan, since they won the cup for the first time the year I was born (I just showed my age but w/e).

I think my first love is the game, I always watch World Juniors and consider it my favourite form of hockey! I also love international play like the Olympics but world juniors is my favourite and just makes the christmas time of year all the better!

I think that all the girls on here are far more then "puck bunnies" and the stories everyone has shared has just reaffirmed that.

- EHisCDN

THANKS "EHisCDN" for sharing your amazing story!! I agree that the readers (as well as the bloggers ; )) are far more than "puck bunnies" too -- I've always felt that way and you're right in stating that these stories are part of illustrating that.

Don't forget, if you wish to submit your story, I kindly ask that you
email them directly to me so they don't end up being repetitive for some of the readers. Also, if you don't want me to include your name, please let me know that as well (what I'll normally do is put your first name and last initial if I have it).

I also want to let you know I LOVE these stories (and so do alot of our readers) - I've always found it interesting no matter who the fan, so I'm enjoying ALL OF THIS IMMENSELY!! KEEP THEM COMING, but I ask that you email them please - THANKS!!!

Also, I ask that you please BE PATIENT as I've been receiving TONS of stories in addition to the ones that are already posted in some of the "comments" sections here that I'm hoping to re-post. If you sent in a story, it will eventually be on the blog - I promise!! ; ) JUST BE SURE TO KEEP THEM COMING (the more the better!)!!

thesteelcitysportsfan@gmail.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha. Cool. I graduated from high school the first year the Pens won the cup..so which is worse girl? ha.

EHisCDN said...

Hey that's me and my story! I feel so much more a part of this blog now!