Sunday, June 13, 2010

Football (Soccer) for the Ladies??!!!

OK ... no doubt this is already a slow hockey off-season (and it just started!), so throwing out a few athletes from other sports isn't going to hurt ESPECIALLY when they look like THIS!!!

The World Cup is underway, ladies, and that means totally buff men (to me, anyway ... I'm not much of a soccer fan!).  The above is Vanity Fair's June cover featuring Didier Drogba and hunk Cristiano Ronaldo (who is pretty infamous for obvious reasons ... if that isn't a perfect specimen of a man, IDK what is!) -- DEAR LORD forgive me for seeing myself run my fingers down that perfect six-pack of his and reaching that happy ... OK, that's enough!!  Let's move on to the next picture ...

This summer, as the World Cup heads to South Africa, close to a billion people will be watching “the Beautiful Game.” Annie Leibovitz photographs some of the reigning gods of the stadium ...  Plus: Soccer’s Hottest Stars Flaunt Their Colors—and Little Else—for Annie Leibovitz.
And the stars featured in the picture above are (from Vanity Fair article, "Playing for the World"):

SULLEY MUNTARI, Ghana
AGE: 25. CLUB: Inter Milan. POSITION: Midfielder.

LANDON DONOVAN, U.S.A.
AGE: 28. CLUB: Los Angeles Galaxy. POSITIONS: Attacking midfielder, striker, winger.

KAKÁ (RICARDO IZECSON DOS SANTOS LEITE), Brazil
AGE: 28. CLUB: Real Madrid. POSITION: Attacking midfielder.

SAMUEL ETO’O, Cameroon
AGE: 29. CLUB: Inter Milan. POSITION: Striker.

PATO (ALEXANDRE RODRIGUES DA SILVA), Brazil
AGE: 20. CLUB: A.C. Milan. POSITIONS: Striker, winger.

4 comments:

Sunshine36616 said...

Yum!

Jane said...

Ooo, I'm kinda falling for Mr. Brazil ; )

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

No, no NO!!!

If we MUST have (gag) soccer...

I DEMAND coverage of the Dutch team!!!

Zigh said...

I'm not gonna lie... I HATE HATE HATE Ronaldo with a passion that burns so deeply within me lol.

Wayne Rooney is the reason I watch footie! He might not be much to look at but he's the most brilliant player to come into the game in over a hundred years!

I'm not gonna lie... I'd rather see some shirtless pictures of Carcillo then Ronaldo. BLAH! hahahaha that being said... I wouldn't mind some random FIFA updates... just saying =D