Tuesday, August 31, 2010

HftL Reader's Account of Meeting Pascal Dupuis at the Altoona Curve Baseball Game

Hello, Hockey for the Ladies Readers! I was lucky enough to attend the Pascal Dupuis autograph session at the Altoona Curve game on Thursday night, and Stephanie asked if I’d be willing to write something for the blog. A chance to write about the Pens, how could I turn down that offer?

At the beginning of the game, Duper “threw” out the first pitch by hitting a hockey puck to a goalie from an area hockey team. Quite different than what you’d normally see at a baseball game.

Immediately after, he began signing autographs. I was lucky enough to be near the front of the line, so I didn’t have to wait long. Duper was extremely polite and friendly to everyone that was in line. He treated each person like they were the first person he had met that night. Because of the length of the line, he agreed to sign until the line was complete. This took him a little over 2 hours, even though he was originally scheduled to sign for only 90 minutes. I was very impressed by this- he very easily could have declined to sign anything after the 90 minutes was up. Even though my interaction with him was brief, I walked away with an even better impression of him than I already had!

Hopefully, the Curve is able to continue bringing Penguin players to the central PA region!



















THANKS for sharing your experience at the Dupuis autograph session with all of us, Laura!!  I appreciate your taking the time to send along a little story with the pictures you took which are pretty cool!!

I included a video from the Penguins webpage below as well as a link to their article, "Dupuis A Huge-Hit At Minor-League Baseball Game In Altoona."



No comments: