Thursday, September 2, 2010

Join the HftL Fantasy Hockey League!!


[UPDATE]
WE NOW HAVE FOUR TEAMS AND ARE OFFICIALLY "A GO!"  THANKS to those who have already signed up ... and those of you considering it, I think this will be loads of fun the more emails I receive about it ... JOIN US!! : D

PLEASE NOTE: the time of the draft is "eastern standard time" (EST)

We currently have three teams and ONLY NEED ONE MORE to make the league "a go!"  : )

I've decided to extend the FUN we have on this blog into the realm of fantasy hockey and signed up to create HftL's very own fantasy hockey league at Yahoo! Sports.  I'm pretty excited about it!!

If you're interested, don't wait because we can only have a total of 12 teams which isn't many (if there's interest beyond the 12, I'll consider expanding the league to accommodate the interest, but I really shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch, should I?!).

The fantasy league's season coincides with the regular NHL season and as of now, the LIVE Draft (to pick up players for your team) is scheduled for Sunday, September 26th at 7:30 PM (est); however, if you join the league and have an issue with this date / time then we can try to juggle it so everyone can be present and pick players during the live draft.

THIS WILL BE FUN ... if you've never taken part in a fantasy league, now is the time!!!  Fantasy leagues are alot of fun and combining the blog and it's readers into a fantasy hockey league just seems like a really natural fit ... we in no way take the league "seriously" as some leagues do and this is all for the sole purpose of having MORE FUN!!  I've been part of a couple leagues, but I'm in no way an expert; however, if you have any questions or are a little hesitant and would like a little more of an explanation (or are seriously considering but need a little convincing), PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME and I'll try my best to provide the information you need ... it really is fun (and somewhat addictive), I promise - you'll be happy you joined!!

SO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN CREATING A TEAM AND JOINING OUR LEAGUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME at thesteelcitysportsfan@gmail.com (with "FHL" as Subject) AND I'LL SEND YOU AN INVITATION SINCE THIS IS A "PRIVATE" LEAGUE (also note that we need AT LEAST 4 teams to be able to go forward with the league; Maureen and I have already created teams so we definitely have TWO as of right now)!!

1 comment:

K. Crosby said...

I emailed you already, but I just wanted to say how excited I am!! Hahah :)
If you get a chance, follow my blog, http://sidneypatrickcrosby.blogspot.com/ . I just made it today, so its new yet. Thanks!